You can help
Why support Hope Academy?
Support Hope Academy with a financial gift or the gift of time.
Trauma-focused education for kids
When the primary function of a child’s brain is to protect itself and process fear, normal brain development is affected. A child might become forgetful, disengaged, or unable to concentrate. Over time, the effects can actually permanently alter the brain, making it increasingly difficult for a child of trauma to learn when they are constantly fighting for survival.
The trauma-informed education provided by Hope Academy allows the students to move out of survival mode, increase their self-confidence and allow them to understand how they are a vital part of their community.
You can support these students as they struggle to overcome the trauma they have endured with your time, your talent or your gifts.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities with Hope Academy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All volunteers who work directly with our children must undergo an application and screening process that includes background checks. Also, all on-site volunteers must be at least 21 years old. Please contact our Community Engagement Manager at 479.795.2417 or email@example.com to begin the application process:
- Schedule an informational interview
- Submit an application packet, which includes:
- Personal reference checks
- Child Maltreatment Background Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation Session
* Due to the possibility of conflicts of interest, individuals with open foster homes are not permitted to volunteer at the Children’s Shelter.
* Special Event Volunteers are not required to fill out any paperwork but can only volunteer at fundraisers and special events that occur off-site.